So, why should you show up for daily yoga? Why make the time when you could be doing something else like watching Netflix with a glass of wine or grabbing a cup of coffee? Or just doing nothing, honestly.
If you want the benefit of what daily yoga offers, you have to show up for all of the five days of our challenge. You have to do it daily. It can’t be 60 minutes once a week, because that will not get you the same benefit. It just won’t.
What are we really after? Why daily movement? And why yoga?
- Elevates your mood and your view of the world. The last year has affected everyone’s mood. You might feel anxious, depressed, sad.
- Helps you become more focused and present, which allows you to be more productive with your time. Tasks will take you less time. Yes, even that endless pile of laundry.
- You will be more alive, vital, and more interested in participating in the world around you.
- Improves your executive functioning, which includes your working memory and flexible thinking. You will be better able to handle the curve balls that are thrown your way on a daily basis.
- Fosters better self control, which can include all those healthful habits that you want to integrate in your life, like better eating. It is about more than burning calories. Movement that makes you feel good leads to you making better decisions for your own wellbeing.
- Improves memory through breathwork.
- Reduces the risk of heart disease, chronic illness, nerve damage, injuries from slips and falls, and helps the body repair faster if you are injured.
- Helps manage stress so that it does not lead to chronic illness.
What is your why?
We have a worksheet for you to fill out where you will reflect on this and then circle your top three. I encourage you to actually physically write down your why instead of just keeping a mental checklist. Take that time. You are going to be surprised by your answers.
The accountability to show up and do our five day challenge is by signing up here. Then find someone in your life (they don’t have to practice yoga currently) who will keep you accountable to show up and do it with you! Then celebrate together at the end.